We’re looking for a Field Operator for our AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) and USV (Unmanned Surface Vehicle). You will be joining a team that is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our fleet of autonomous vehicles, including Hugin, Searaptor, MarinerX and surface vehicles. We’re looking for people who will take an active role in contributing to our growth and success.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Rigging & de-rigging of equipment
- Performing pre-project/mission calibrations, verifications, and acceptance tests
- Setting up survey parameters and data management flows
- Controlling & monitoring vehicle survey mission plan and performance
- Quality control of positioning performance and survey parameters
- Operate and maintain surveying equipment such as multi beam echo sounders, side-scan sonar, synthetic aperture sonar, sub-bottom profilers, etc.
- Reporting on data acquisition and logging operational activities
Preferred competence and experience:
- An academic background as marine/hydrographic surveyor or certificate of apprenticeship within electronics, electro, or mechanical fields is preferred.
- Formal training from one of the following disciplines: ROV, Automation, Electronics, Survey, and positioning
- Experience as survey engineer, survey technician, online surveyor, AUV/USV operator or ROV pilot
- Demonstrable knowledge of surveying principles including global & subsea positioning systems, subsea survey data acquisition methods, and processed end data products.
- Good knowledge of subsea positioning & acquisition sensors, e.g. MBES, SAS, SBP, GNSS, USBL, DVL, INS/MRU
- Ability and willingness to travel and work offshore, worldwide
- English business language, verbal and written
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to mark your email with “3301 Field Operator”