Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in two locations in Norway, (Asker and Tromsø), in Sweden (Stockholm), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston) and Singapore.
Argeo is a company with a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
We’re looking for a Field Data Processor to strengthen our Data Processing & Delivery team. As a Field Data Processor you will be involved in the acquisition, processing and analyzing multibeam, sonar, and other data sets utilizing state-of-art software. The candidate will be processing acoustic, bathymetric, environmental and electromagnetic sensors and be involved in producing digital and plotted maps, figures, and reports. We encourage students who deliver their thesis this year to apply.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Work in close co-operation with teams engaged in survey planning, data acquisition, data processing and data interpretation.
- Assist with both offshore and onshore processing of geophysical/hydrographic data by use of state-of-the art software.
- Be involved in GIS and navigation work both before, during and after acquisition.
- Be involved in organizing and archiving of acquired data according to established standards.
- Assist in quality control over the processed data from hydrographic survey operations, as well as prepare and review the survey reports.
- Performing and ensuring consistent and professional reporting and presentation procedures across all projects.
- Conducting projects with regular meetings with both Argeo and external personnel in order to see a project through to successful completion.
- Promote safety and health during project execution.
Preferred competence and experience:
- Bachelor or Master in the fields of Hydrography, Geophysics or Geosciences is preferred, but relevant work experience may compensate for lack of education.
- Knowledge of seismic/survey processing software is preferred.
- Experience in acoustic signal data processing or numerical data processing and imaging is preferred.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (VBA, Python, C++, etc.) desired.
- Must have strong computer and communication skills.
- Must be capable of independently carrying out projects without regular oversight and be capable to document the project work in the form of publications, reports or presentations.
- Must be analytical, methodical and solution-focused.
- Ability to travel.
We can offer:
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated team members
- The opportunity to work with autonomous underwater and surface vehicles
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and benefits
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to mark your email with “5101 Field Data Processor”