Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in Norway (Asker), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston) and UK (Edinburgh).
Argeo is an offshore company servicing customers in the Oil and Gas, Marine Minerals and Renewables industry. The company currently operates two subsea vessels, Argeo Searcher and Argeo Venture, and plans for further fleet expansion. The company operates an advanced fleet of 7 AUV, autonomous underwater vehicle, and is on a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions integrated with proprietary sensor systems. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
We’re looking for a Field Operator for our AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) and USV (Unmanned Surface Vehicle). You will be joining a team that is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our fleet of autonomous vehicles, including Hugin, Searaptor, MarinerX and surface vehicles. We’re looking for people who will take an active role in contributing to our growth and success.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Rigging & de-rigging of equipment
- Performing pre-project/mission calibrations, verifications, and acceptance tests
- Setting up survey parameters and data management flows
- Controlling & monitoring vehicle survey mission plan and performance
- Quality control of positioning performance and survey parameters
- Operate and maintain surveying equipment such as multi beam echo sounders, side-scan sonar, synthetic aperture sonar, sub-bottom profilers, etc.
- Reporting on data acquisition and logging operational activities
Preferred competence and experience:
- An academic background as marine/hydrographic surveyor or certificate of apprenticeship within electronics, electro, or mechanical fields is preferred.
- Formal training from one of the following disciplines: ROV, Automation, Electronics, Survey, and positioning
- Experience as survey engineer, survey technician, online surveyor, AUV/USV operator or ROV pilot
- Demonstrable knowledge of surveying principles including global & subsea positioning systems, subsea survey data acquisition methods, and processed end data products.
- Good knowledge of subsea positioning & acquisition sensors, e.g. MBES, SAS, SBP, GNSS, USBL, DVL, INS/MRU
- Ability and willingness to travel and work offshore, worldwide
- English business language, verbal and written
We can offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- A dynamic and innovative work environment.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology and make a significant impact in the industry.
- Additional training and personal development.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. And make sure to mark your email with “3301 Field Operator”.
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, looking forward to hearing from you!
At Argeo we have ambitious goals regarding our technology and growth. Our passionate team has an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to drive, ownership and success. We have a firm belief that our technology is an enabler for transformation, and we are dedicated to that end. We are building our culture based on our values: responsible, transform, drive and together.