Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in Norway (Asker), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston) and UK (Edinburgh).
Argeo is an offshore company servicing customers in the Oil and Gas, Marine Minerals and Renewables industry. The company currently operates two subsea vessels, Argeo Searcher and Argeo Venture, and plans for further fleet expansion. The company operates an advanced fleet of 7 AUV, autonomous underwater vehicle, and is on a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions integrated with proprietary sensor systems. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
We’re looking for an experienced System Engineer to provide support for Argeo’s offshore autonomous technology. As a System Engineer in the Technical Department, you will work closely with field operations, Argeo’s engineering team, and external technology providers in the field. This position will be based in our Asker office with travel offshore and work sites required.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively participate and comply with Argeo HSEQ policies and standards.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical knowledge of assigned AUV/USV technology.
- Provide technical support to the user community of assigned AUV/USV technology by means of the Argeo Knowledge base system.
- Prepare and perform installation of AUV/USV systems, Navigation systems, assistance for procurement, system staging, documentation updates and installation.
- Monitor system performance for the assigned range of systems. Propose and perform activities to improve system performance.
- Cooperate with engineering projects in providing feedback from the field and assisting with the definition, installation, and testing of new technology.
- Assist with the technical training of users.
- Maintain a detailed overview on installed systems and required actions to ensure a high degree of standardization.
- Participate in writing and updating procedures, work instructions and documentation for both usage of Argeo’s technology and onshore support.
Preferred competence and experience:
- Bachelors/Technical High School/Other relevant education in a technical discipline, Robotics, Surveying, Electronics or Computer Science related.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience within offshore survey industry on/offshore, in a technical position, or comparable industry and professional experience.
- Thorough knowledge in one or more of these areas: Autonomous underwater and/or surface vehicles (AUV/USV), Navigation & positioning systems (GNSS/USBL), Satellite & radio Communication systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems.
- Ability to learn new systems and skills.
- Must be curious, persistent, and solution-oriented.
- Business-level written & spoken English.
- Ability to travel to sites.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- A dynamic and innovative work environment.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology and make a significant impact in the industry.
- Additional training and personal development.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. And make sure to mark your email with “4101 Systems Engineer”.
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, looking forward to hearing from you!
At Argeo we have ambitious goals regarding our technology and growth. Our passionate team has an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to drive, ownership and success. We have a firm belief that our technology is an enabler for transformation, and we are dedicated to that end. We are building our culture based on our values: responsible, transform, drive and together.