Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in Norway (Asker), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston) and UK (Edinburgh).
Argeo is an offshore company servicing customers in the Oil and Gas, Marine Minerals and Renewables industry. The company currently operates two subsea vessels, Argeo Searcher and Argeo Venture, and plans for further fleet expansion. The company operates an advanced fleet of 7 AUV, autonomous underwater vehicle, and is on a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions integrated with proprietary sensor systems. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
We’re looking for a Senior Field Data Processor to strengthen our Data Processing & Delivery team. As a Senior Field Data Processor, you will be involved in acquiring, processing, and analysing a wide range of data sets using state of the art software. This position will be based in our field staff with travel offshore.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Work in close co-operation with teams engaged in survey planning, data acquisition, data processing and data interpretation.
- Assist with both offshore and onshore processing of geophysical/hydrographic data by use of state-of-the art software.
- Be involved in GIS and navigation work both before, during and after acquisition.
- Be involved in organizing and archiving of acquired data according to established standards.
- Assist in quality control over the processed data from hydrographic survey operations, as well as prepare and review the survey reports.
- Performing and ensuring consistent and professional reporting and presentation procedures across all projects.
- Conducting projects with regular meetings with both Argeo and external personnel in order to see a project through successful completion.
- Promote safety and health during project execution.
- Lead or assist with both offshore and onshore processing of geophysical/hydrographic data by use of state-of-the art software.
- Lead or assist in GIS work and be involved in navigation work both before, during and after acquisition.
- Organize and archive acquired data according to established standards.
- Conduct quality control over the processed data from hydrographic survey operations, as well as prepare and review the survey reports.
- Performing quality control on work performed by other geophysicists with a focus on data integrity and data quality.
Preferred competence and experience:
- Master or PhD in Hydrography, Geophysics, Geosciences, Mathematics or Physics is preferred, but relevant work experience may compensate for lack of education.
- Knowledge of seismic processing software is preferred.
- Experience in acoustic signal data processing or numerical data processing and imaging is preferred.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (VBA, Python, C++, etc.) desired.
- Business-level written & spoken English.
- Ability to travel to sites.
- Extensive experience in hydrographic data processing or seismic data processing and imaging.
- Experience with installation, integration and calibration of survey sensors (Multibeam echo sounders, side-scan sonar, seismic recording systems) is preferred.
- Survey experience with configuring and utilizing any or all of the following software would be considered a strong attribute; CARIS, Hypack, GIS, Eiva NaviModel Producer, DelphINS, AutoCAD, or other types of geophysical data processing software.
- Experience in acquisition, processing and interpretation of photographic survey data is preferred.
- Must be capable of independently carrying out projects and document the project work in the form of publications, reports or presentations.
- Must be analytical, creative and solution focused.
- Capacity and skills to act as a mentor for less experienced data processors.
At Argeo we can offer:
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated team members.
- The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and autonomous underwater and surface vehicles.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. And please make sure to mark your email with “Open Application”.
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, looking forward to hearing from you!
At Argeo we have ambitious goals regarding our technology and growth. Our passionate team has an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to drive, ownership and success. We have a firm belief that our technology is an enabler for transformation, and we are dedicated to that end. We are building our culture based on our values: responsible, transform, drive and together.