Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in Norway (Asker), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston) and UK (Edinburgh).
Argeo is an offshore company servicing customers in the Oil and Gas, Marine Minerals and Renewables industry. The company currently operates two subsea vessels, Argeo Searcher and Argeo Venture, and plans for further fleet expansion. The company operates an advanced fleet of 7 AUV, autonomous underwater vehicle, and is on a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions integrated with proprietary sensor systems. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
We’re looking for a Field Data Processor to strengthen our Data Processing & Delivery team. As a Field Data Processor you will be involved in the acquisition, processing and analyzing multibeam, sonar, and other data sets utilizing state-of-art software. The candidate will be processing acoustic, bathymetric, environmental and electromagnetic sensors and be involved in producing digital and plotted maps, figures, and reports. We encourage students who deliver their thesis this year to apply.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Work in close co-operation with teams engaged in survey planning, data acquisition, data processing and data interpretation.
- Assist with both offshore and onshore processing of geophysical/hydrographic data by use of state-of-the art software.
- Be involved in GIS and navigation work both before, during and after acquisition.
- Be involved in organizing and archiving of acquired data according to established standards.
- Assist in quality control over the processed data from hydrographic survey operations, as well as prepare and review the survey reports.
- Performing and ensuring consistent and professional reporting and presentation procedures across all projects.
- Conducting projects with regular meetings with both Argeo and external personnel in order to see a project through to successful completion.
- Promote safety and health during project execution.
Preferred competence and experience:
- Bachelor or Master in the fields of Hydrography, Geophysics or Geosciences is preferred, but relevant work experience may compensate for lack of education.
- Knowledge of seismic/survey processing software is preferred.
- Experience in acoustic signal data processing or numerical data processing and imaging is preferred.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (VBA, Python, C++, etc.) desired.
- Must have strong computer and communication skills.
- Must be capable of independently carrying out projects without regular oversight and be capable to document the project work in the form of publications, reports or presentations.
- Must be analytical, methodical and solution-focused.
- Ability to travel.
We can offer:
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated team members.
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and autonomous underwater and surface vehicles.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. And please make sure to mark your email with “5101 Field Data Processor”.
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, looking forward to hearing from you!
At Argeo we have ambitious goals regarding our technology and growth. Our passionate team has an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to drive, ownership and success. We have a firm belief that our technology is an enabler for transformation, and we are dedicated to that end. We are building our culture based on our values: responsible, transform, drive and together.