Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in two locations in Norway, (Asker and Tromsø), in Sweden (Stockholm), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston), Singapore, and in Scotland (Edinburgh).
Argeo is a company with a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
As a Systems Engineer in our operations technical group at Argeo, you will play a pivotal role in our Technical Services Department, supporting the implementation, testing, and usage of our offshore autonomous technology. Working closely with our field operations, engineering team, and external technology providers, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the areas of AUV/USV technology, navigation systems and more.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively participate and comply with Argeo’s HSEQ policies and standards, maintaining updated certifications.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical knowledge of assigned AUV/USV technology.
- Provide technical support to the user community through the Argeo Knowledge base system.
- Install and configure AUV/USV systems, Navigation systems, and provide assistance for procurement and documentation updates.
- Monitor system performance, propose and implement activities to improve system efficiency.
- Collaborate with engineering projects, providing field feedback and assisting with the testing of new technology.
- Conduct technical training sessions for users and maintain system standardization.
- Contribute to the development and updating of procedures, work instructions, and documentation.
- Support tendering processes and assist in Operations planning.
- Bachelor’s degree/Technical High School/Other relevant education in a technical discipline (Robotics, Surveying, Electronics, or Computer Science related).
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within the offshore survey industry on/off-shore in a technical position, or comparable industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Autonomous underwater and/or surface vehicles (AUV/USV), Navigation & positioning systems, ROV operations
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems, strong English communication skills (spoken and written), and the capacity to learn new systems and skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- A dynamic and innovative work environment.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology and make a significant impact in the industry.
- Additional training and personal development.
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please make sure to mark your email with “4202 Systems Engineer”
At Argeo we have ambitious goals regarding our technology and growth. Our passionate team has an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to drive, ownership and success. We have a firm belief that our technology is an enabler for transformation and we are dedicated to that end. We are building our culture based on our values: responsible, transform, drive and together.