Argeo believes in having regional offices to facilitate close operations in key industrial areas. This builds strategic and long-term relationships, as well as in depth local industry know-how with our key customers. Currently Argeo operates in two locations in Norway, (Asker and Tromsø), in Sweden (Stockholm), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), the US (Houston), Singapore, and in Scotland (Edinburgh).
Argeo is a company with a mission to transform the ocean surveying and inspection industry by utilizing autonomous surface and underwater robotics solutions. We develop tools, methods, and web applications to allow our customers to make data driven decisions based on the data we collect and process.
We’re currently looking for our new Project Surveyor who will be responsible for supporting our on-going projects and ensuring that they are conducted to the highest hydrographic and geographic standards. We expect you to be well-versed in all standard survey practices to assist with the tendering process as well as project management and mobilization. You will be providing input and sharing your expertise across the departments while reporting to our Hydrospatial Survey Manager. This is a position located in either our Asker office, in Norway or Edinburgh office, in Scotland.
This role might be for you if:
- Seasoned Project Surveyor: If you are an individual who has experience as a project surveyor, having successfully managed and overseen various projects, this opportunity could align perfectly with your background.
- Marine Survey Professional Transitioning Onshore: Alternatively, if you are currently working as a proficient marine survey professional, skilled in executing surveys in a maritime environment, and you are looking to transition to an onshore role based in Norway or Scotland, this position offers a new avenue for you to explore.
- Passion for Innovation: In addition to your experience, if you have an innate passion for pushing innovative boundaries and developing new solutions that challenge and refine conventional survey methodologies, this role could suit you.
- Desire for Career Growth: Lastly, if you are an individual who is actively seeking a fresh, exciting challenge that allows you to make a significant impact and shape your career within a dynamic and rapidly growing company, this role presents a promising opportunity.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure projects are completed safely and efficiently, meeting contractual requirements, and achieving projected margins.
- Support the tendering process by identifying project requirements and proposing effective methods for Argeo to fulfil them.
- Develop comprehensive survey procedures in preparation for upcoming projects.
- Advise on the procurement, installation, and calibration of survey equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Assist with equipment setup and test survey systems and online navigation for accuracy.
- Provide valuable support to the offshore survey team to enhance project performance.
- Collaborate to ensure data processing and delivery align with project needs.
- Ensure data collection adheres to both contractual and company specifications.
- Conduct quality control checks and review data and reports in coordination with the processing and reporting team.
- Maintain precise and organized survey records for future reference.
- Contribute to risk assessments and identify potential hazards for mitigation.
- Offer essential support for project activities, whether onshore or offshore.
- Actively communicate with clients to resolve issues within your area of expertise.
- Provide creative advice, recommendations, and suggestions to drive innovative improvements and strategies.
- Working closely with the Hydrospatial Survey Manager to determine the right equipment for successful project outcomes.
- Support the Hydrospatial Survey Manager in maintaining current departmental documentation for clarity and accessibility.
Preferred competence and experience:
- A solid understanding of survey principles and marine survey techniques.
- Experience of Hydrographic/Geophysical survey mobilisation and data acquisition.
- Experience of survey mobilisation, data acquisition and inspection with a focus on AUV’s and ROV’s.
- Operational experience of MBES, SSS, Mag, SBP, UXO, Inspection, pipeline, cable DOB, offshore construction, hydrographic and geophysical surveys.
- Knowledge of acoustic positioning techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of survey data processing and reporting.
- Interest in innovative and disruptive survey technology.
- Relevant offshore experience as Senior Surveyor.
- CAT A/B Hydrographic Surveyor or equivalent like HPAS Level 1 or higher.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- A dynamic and innovative work environment.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology and make a significant impact in the industry.
- Additional training and personal development.
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to mark your email with “8401 Project Surveyor”
At Argeo we have ambitious goals regarding our technology and growth. Our passionate team has an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to drive, ownership and success. We have a firm belief that our technology is an enabler for transformation and we are dedicated to that end. We are building our culture based on our values: responsible, transform, drive and together.